Kitsap County: A Great Place for Work and Play
Looking for a place to settle down outside the congestion and soaring costs of the city? There’s a reason the population of Kitsap County is growing—and why The Seattle Times recently called Kitsap “a top destination for people moving out of Seattle”: It offers the perfect balance of work and play.
A Great Place to Work….
No matter your industry, jobs await within and nearby Kitsap County. Among the largest employers in the area:
- The Department of Defense employs thousands people in the Puget Sound region, including more than 17,000 civilians and 7,500 contractors at Naval Base Kitsap (NBK). In January, the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, a part of NBK that already employs more than 14,000, announced a mass hiring of 750 positions.
- Harrison Medical Center, Silverdale: CHI Franciscan is expanding its healthcare facility in Silverdale, expected to be complete in 2020.
- Amazon, Facebook, Google, Zipwhip, and more: As hiring booms continue at tech firms throughout Seattle proper, the ferry system offers easy access from multiple points in Kitsap County, including Kingston, Poulsbo/Suquamish/Bainbridge Island, Bremerton, and Port Orchard. Fast Ferry service provides even shorter commute times from Bremerton and new direct access to downtown Seattle from Kingston.
No matter your favorite ways to wind down after work—culture, sports, food, or family—you can find it in many forms in Kitsap County. For example:
- Outdoor activities galore: A robust parks network means thousands of miles of trails through forests and along the shorelines just a short drive from your front door. Some of our favorite hikes include the Port Gamble Forest Heritage Park, Point No Point near Hansville, the Grand Forest on Bainbridge Island, and Green Mountain in Bremerton.
- Endless entertainment: Whether you’re into comedy, music, or theater, there’s no shortage of entertainment options every night of the week. At the Clearwater Casino in Suquamish, comedy acts such as Wanda Sykes and Ken Jong come through often, musical tributes abound, and outdoor concerts liven up summer nights. Numerous theaters (such as the Forest Theater in Bremerton and the Western Washington Center for the Arts in Port Orchard) dot the peninsula with shows for kids and adults. And big-name concerts in Seattle and Tacoma are just a short ferry ride or drive away.
- Foodie paradise: Seattle doesn’t get to have all the fun. Kitsap is replete with locally sourced and artfully prepared seafood, meat, and produce. In fact, on Bainbridge Island, chef Brendan McGill, owner of Hitchcock and Bruciato, is being compared to Seattle greats like Tom Douglas and Matt Dillon. And while on Bainbridge, head to Hey Day Farm for Tuesday night community dinners, in which the bulk of the meal is sourced straight from the farm. Another popular farm-to-table option is Mossback in Kingston. Other favorites include the artisanal deli eats at Butcher & Baker Provisions in Port Gamble, Italian at Sogno di Vino in Poulsbo, and casual fare on the water at The Boat Shed in Bremerton.
- Festivals: Western Washington loves its outdoor festivals, and the Kitsap Peninsula is no exception. See Scandinavia come alive at Viking Fest in Poulsbo, honor our military as Bremerton hosts one of the longest-running Armed Forces Day parades, head to Silverdale for Whaling Days, and celebrate the region’s history at Chief Seattle Days with the Suquamish Tribe, among many others. You’re also just a short drive away from other regional favorites like the Lavender Festival in Sequim and the Wooden Boat Festival in Port Townsend. And of course, nearly every town in Kitsap has a weekly Farmer’s Market during warmer months or throughout the year.
With so many options for work and play, it’s easy to envision a life in Kitsap County. And when you’re ready to build your dream home here, contact us for a free consultation.
Sign up for FREE Updates
The design has turned out to fit our lifestyle just right.
The plans were drawn better in one week than another designer/builder did in two months.
From the start of this process to the completion, it has been fun.
Our sketches and ideas were translated into a viable floor plan, and adapted perfectly to the slope of the lot
Your in-house design team made it a snap with their knowledge and expertise
Estes took care of things that we didn't even think of.
We have a “showplace” home delivered on budget and on time. We could not have asked for more.
Honesty, integrity and genuine interest to listen.
Our home was completed on time with no surprises.
Each of our concerns was yours too. Once again Thank You for this endless consideration
My mother in Ohio loves checking up on our home via the website! What a good idea!
We have a "showplace" home delivered on budget and on time. We could not have asked for more.
Exceptional choice, quality, delivery, service and value describe our experience with Estes Builders
- Bainbridge Island Real Estate
- Bathroom Design Ideas
- Build a Custom Home for Retirement
- Building a custom home
- Case Studies
- Clallam County New Homes
- Custom Home Budget
- Custom Home Builder
- Custom Home Builder Testimonials
- Custom Home Construction
- Custom Home Cost
- Custom Home Design
- Custom Home Floor Plan
- Custom Home Floor Plans
- Custom Home Planning Tools
- Customer Service
- Design a Custom Home
- Employment Opportunities
- Free Reports
- Green Building
- Green custom homes
- Home Building
- New Home
- Plan Your Custom Home Build
- Port Ludlow New Homes
- Port Townsend Custom Homes
- Poulsbo New Homes
- Sequim Custom Home Builder