This position is based out of our Sequim office. You’ll oversee 5 – 7 custom residential projects at a time in Clallam and East Jefferson Counties. You will direct all phases of the construction schedule and ensure work is completed to quality standards and adheres to the construction plans, specifications, and codes. You will build good will on behalf of Estes Builders and foster relationships and teamwork with our trade partners to help enhance our position as contractor of choice. You’ll direct supporting team members with clarity and respect to keep jobs clean and professional, and quality high. You will troubleshoot construction issues as they arise in the field and respond promptly and thoroughly to trade questions to keep partners moving. You’ll plan ahead to proactively set clear and realistic expectations with everyone involved for schedule starts and work stage completion. You’ll provide relevant feedback and assistance to our design team for continual improvement. You will foster a drama free building experience for all involved.
Estimated time allotment: 55% Field Supervision, 45% Organization, Planning and Internal Meetings.
Required Experience and Education
- 5+ Years of residential superintendent experience with primary responsibility for schedule and quality control, from groundbreaking to key delivery.
- 3+ Years of experience with full responsibility managing trades and assistants.
- IRC familiarity. Understand the common code infractions in residential construction.
- Project manager or superintendent experience of several custom residential projects.
- Construction management degree.
- Experience researching, understanding and field checking manufacturer installation guides.
- Lead carpentry experience.
- Total Quality Management training.
You will THRIVE in this role if:
- You have excellent communication skills (College-level grammar and written skills).
- You are articulate, clear, fair, and fact-based.
- You know how to create schedules using Critical Path Management method.
- You have computer competence (Microsoft Outlook, Office suite, Construction and Task Management software)
- You understand methods to protect against water intrusion, moisture management and indoor air quality (building science).
- You have high standards and backbone.
- You possess a great work ethic.
- You are humble, confident, and professional.
- You get results and you motivate others to get results.