Life in Silverdale: The Commercial Hub of Kitsap County
If you like being close to it all without straying too far from the outdoor lifestyle Kitsap County residents love, Silverdale may be the spot for you. Both the physical and commercial center of the county, Silverdale is home to numerous shopping and retail centers, a movie theater, and popular restaurant brands. It’s also closely tied to the area’s bustling military outfits and offers numerous activities for adults and kids alike.
Custom Homes in Silverdale
Silverdale offers a little bit of everything when it comes to property, from land with water views or forested acreage to traditional suburban neighborhoods. More rural lots will require attention to a geotech report, while neighborhood lots may have more restrictions on what you can build. Estes Builders can help you navigate the requirements and research specific to your land.
Here are just a few of the highlights of owning a home in Silverdale:
Shop ’Til You Drop
From national chains to small mom-and-pop’s, you’ll find it in Silverdale.
- Head to Kitsap Mall for a traditional shopping experience, or to The Trails for open-air shopping and alfresco dining.
- Dating back to 1874, Old Town Silverdale now features art galleries, boutiques, and cafes.
Work Where You Live
From military to healthcare, job opportunities in Silverdale and nearby abound.
- Silverdale is near several of the installations that make up Naval Base Kitsap, which employs more than 31,000 civilians, including Bangor, Bremerton, and Keyport.
- If you think the tech industry is reserved for just Seattle and Redmond, think again, Silverdale is home to companies including Applied Technical Systems, Lockheed Martin, and Microsoft.
- Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale is undergoing an expansion in size and scope, with a 500,000-square-foot addition.
Even with a bustling commercial scene, Silverdale offers plenty of opportunities to escape.
- Silverdale Waterfront Park provides beach access, a playground, and a large picnic shelter.
- Head out from Waterfront Park along the 8-mile Clear Creek Trail, an urban trail that meanders through wetlands and forest.
- To bag a summit after work, head a little south to the Green Mountain Gold Creek Trail, with sweeping views of the Kitsap Peninsula, Seattle, and beyond from the top.
Silverdale is a great spot to raise kids, with plenty to do, indoors and out.
- It’s only a short drive to the Kitsap County Fairgrounds, with year-round events ranging from the Kitsap Destruction Derby to home and garden shows to, of course, the Kitsap County Fair & Stampede, held each August.
- Silverdale Rotary Gateway Park includes a skate park, dog park, and walking trails.
- A few miles away in Keyport, visit the U.S. Naval Undersea Museum to not only learn about submarines and other undersea vessels, but experience them on site.
- All Star Lanes & Casino includes bowling and an arcade for the kids, plus a casino with table games for the adults, along with a bistro and live entertainment.
Ready to learn what Silverdale life means for you? Connect with us for a free consultation.
Old Town Pub Photo: Copyright Mike Grauer Jr
Naval Base Kitsap Photo: Copyright Official U.S. Navy Page
Old Town Silverdale Photo: Copyright Mike Grauer Jr