Our Custom Home Design Process
Good design — it’s a big deal to us because we know what a big deal it is to you.
We embraced the design/build model early in our history, after seeing so many plans that couldn’t be built because they had been drawn without input from a builder, and without a proper study of the building site.
We got tired of seeing the disappointment as the owners learned that the vision they had invested their hopes and dreams in just wasn’t feasible.
We have also seen many buildable plans that make the same design mistakes time and again. Mistakes like not fitting the house to the land, not considering how the home will adapt to changing lifestyles, and many others.
These are so common that almost everyone is guilty of at least one, but many home builders neglect to address them.
We make sure our clients don’t experience those disappointments.
Our custom home design process begins with an in-depth interview and questionnaire, two steps that help us envision your ideal home.
We ask you to think about the best home you’ve ever lived in or visited, to study homes and plans in magazines, to sketch out ideas that aren’t on paper yet.
Then we visit the build site and work with you to establish a budget.
As a complete picture of your home comes into focus, the actual design process begins.
Our design process eliminates a lot of the problems mentioned above and ensures a smooth ride. For instance:
- Quality reviews are part of every step.
- Our purchaser, site supervisor and estimator review everything. This lets us identify potential problems and solve them before breaking ground. The ability to define the home down to the smallest detail is one of our “secrets” for consistently delivering projects on time and on budget, with no extra charges.
- You provide input and feedback throughout the design process, so you immediately see how various decisions will affect the budget and schedule.
- A custom home can require dozens, even hundreds, of product choices. Our guidance and online selection system lets you make these choices as the plan evolves.
- We don’t begin construction until the plans and specifications are complete. That eliminates delays.
- Your involvement in the design process means you know exactly what to expect once construction begins.
Want More Information?
We’re happy to answer any questions you have or to provide a free, no-pressure Project Analysis.
But don’t take our word for it — check our testimonials to see how we have helped our clients realize their dreams, and how we can help you.
The design has turned out to fit our lifestyle just right.
The plans were drawn better in one week than another designer/builder did in two months.
From the start of this process to the completion, it has been fun.
Our sketches and ideas were translated into a viable floor plan, and adapted perfectly to the slope of the lot
Your in-house design team made it a snap with their knowledge and expertise
Estes took care of things that we didn't even think of.
We have a “showplace” home delivered on budget and on time. We could not have asked for more.
Honesty, integrity and genuine interest to listen.
Our home was completed on time with no surprises.
Each of our concerns was yours too. Once again Thank You for this endless consideration
My mother in Ohio loves checking up on our home via the website! What a good idea!
We have a "showplace" home delivered on budget and on time. We could not have asked for more.
Exceptional choice, quality, delivery, service and value describe our experience with Estes Builders