Life in Kingston: Little City by the Sea
Kingston offers the best of both worlds: The small-town feel and outdoor amenities of north Kitsap County but with easy access to Seattle and other points eastward via the Kingston-Edmonds car/passenger ferry or the Kingston-Seattle Fast Ferry.
Custom Homes in Kingston
With its proximity to the Sound, Kingston offers much in the way of waterfront and water-view parcels. But that also means tough requirements for engineered drainage and setbacks for septic, well, and shoreline. Sloped lots also may need a geotech report. Estes Builders can help you navigate these and other unique considerations while ensuring your home design makes the best use of your lot’s amenities.
Here are just a few of the highlights of owning a home in Kingston:
The Great Outdoors
- Head north to Hansville for a visit to Point-no-Point, a historical lighthouse and 61-acre park.
- Hit the links at the White Horse Golf Club.
- The Heronswood botanical garden is home to one of the world’s most outstanding collections of rare and diverse plants.
- The annual Kingston Arts & Crafts Festival is the second-longest-running festival in the state, featuring artisans and local food.
- Try your luck or take in a show at The Point Casino.
- Get in the holiday spirit at Kingston Cove Christmas, featuring a lighted boat parade, craft fair, kids’ activities, tree lighting, and plenty of food.
- From the baked goods to the burritos, everything at Borrowed Kitchen is made from scratch with honest ingredients.
- Experience the unique flavors of the Pacific Northwest at the beloved Mossback Cafe, taste delicious seafood at Kingston Alehouse, or go for something a bit more laid back at Grub Hut.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with delectable cakes at Sweet Life Cakery, delicate crepes at J’aime Les Crepes, or nationally renowned handcrafted ice cream at Mora.
Ready to experience Kingston living for yourself? Connect with us for a free consultation.