Life in Port Orchard: Ample Amenities With a Small-Town Feel
Port Orchard, Washington, is the county seat of Kitsap County. The waterfront community sits on the Sinclair Inlet with views of the Olympic Mountains and a short ferry ride to Vashon Island and West Seattle, and a short foot ferry ride to Bremerton. The town is in close proximity to hubs like Bremerton and Tacoma, but with a much smaller population, is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of city life. And like many communities on the Kitsap Peninsula, Port Orchard offers a range of outdoor activities in town or a short drive away.
Custom Homes in Port Orchard
From permit requirements or preserving views on your lot, Estes Builders can help you navigate building requirements and create a design most suited for your property.
Here are just a few of the highlights of owning a home in Port Orchard:
- Resident and author Debbie Macomber modeled her Cedar Cove locale after Port Orchard’s waterfront, and the city notes that you can spot some scenes around town, including the totem pole, courthouse, and art gallery.
- Downtown Port Orchard features a waterfront park along with boutiques, antique shops, breweries, bakeries, and eateries.
- The Port Orchard Farmers Market, the longest-running in the county, is held every Saturday from April through October.
- Enjoy events throughout the summer, including Concerts by the Bay, parades, and festivals.
Situated on the water and close to the mountains, there are plenty of outdoor activities for the whole family.
- Port Orchard is dotted with marinas for permanent or guest moorage.
- With three access points in Port Orchard, it’s easy to hop in your kayak to paddle the beloved Kitsap Peninsula Water Trail, which covers 350 miles of shoreline.
- For a nearby hike, head over to Green Mountain for views of the Kitsap Peninsula and beyond.
- With easy access to the Olympics to the north and west and to the Cascades to the southeast, endless hiking trails of all skill levels are just a short drive away.
Ready to experience Port Orchard living for yourself? Connect with us for a free consultation.
Banner Photo: Copyright Jonathan Miske
Port Orchard Marina Photo: Copyright Compdude787
Port Orchard Photo: Copyright Lisa Padilla